Join the Team!
Are you energetic, enthusiastic and efficient person? Are you experienced with wearing multiple hats? If so, come join the SPROCKIT team. SPROCKIT is a global marketplace that curates, connects and fosters collaboration among leading media, entertainment and technology companies and the world’s top market-ready startups to bring innovative products, services and revenue models to market.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter and team player who wants to support a fantastic and fun team. If you are someone who can organize chaos and can help keep the “SPROCKIT gears greased,” you should apply immediately!
Job description – Part-Time Executive Assistant
SPROCKIT is seeking an experienced, energizing individual who has managed operations in some capacity and can also assist with daily administrative duties for our CEO. Being able to quickly switch gears to handle a range of duties is critical. We are looking for someone who has held a relevant position in media, entertainment or technology industry, has experience with social media communications and are proficient in Google Drive, Expensify, and Salesforce (or has a genuine willingness to learn).
- Strong ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Innate ability to interact with large corporate partners and smaller startups
- Solid writing skills, ability to transcribe and/or write newsletters, social media communication and emails to senior level executives
- Excellent time and schedule management skills
- Strong organizational skills and follow up
- Understanding of Expensify (or other similar expense report applications) and Google Suite including but not limited to
- Google Docs
- Google Sheets
- Google Calendar
- Google Forms
- Ability to manage travel
- book cost-effective and efficient travel to conferences and events3
- Flexibility, fluidity, self-starter, passionate, yearning to learn and do new things are a must
- Willingness to have fun – life is too short to take yourself and others too seriously
You must also work well in quickly-changing environments. Bonus points for being able to manage up and bring organization to a somewhat organized chaos. To be successful in this role, you will work well with all levels of internal staff, outside clients and vendors. Flexibility in location, but ideally you will work remotely, and be able to meet in person in the DC Metro area on a regular basis (2-4 a month, but negotiable for the right fit). Hourly rate negotiable.
A basic understanding of the media, entertainment and technology industries is preferred.
- Assist with event management (4x a year – 3 one-day events and one trade show)
- Work with startups and corporate partners to collect materials
- Create and manage communications
- Collect forms and RSVPs
- Book travel and manage expenses for 1 to 2 executives
- Manage calendars, coordinate meetings
- Provide fresh ideas and ways to continually innovate the way our company serves our community
If this opportunity sounds perfect for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.